When it Rains it Floods: Is Your Family Protected?
Extreme rainfall, high water levels and subsequent "historic" floods are happening way too frequently. The old excuses — “It doesn't flood here”, “It hasn't flooded here in 40 years”, and “The flood map says low risk” — no longer apply.
Have you based your decision to purchase flood insurance on the urban myths of past floods? This is understandable, but wrong. After an extreme flood, have you ever heard someone say "We now have 100 years before the next flood"? Also, wrong. Statistics for extreme storms make major assumptions that the climate of the past is the same as the climate of today.
Hurricane season has barely begun, and with record flooding in the Midwest this year, it’s hard to ignore the fact that almost everyone is at risk these days. Protecting your family with flood insurance is now more important than ever.
Did You Know?
- Your standard homeowner policy does not cover flood damage.
- 20% of flood insurance claims come from outside of high-risk flood areas.
- Any area that experiences rainfall, can experience flood conditions.
- Just one inch of water in your home can cost more than $25,000 in damages.
- Federal disaster assistance is only available if the President declares a disaster. Less than 50% of flood incidents will qualify. Most disaster assistance is provided in the form of a loan that must be repaid - plus interest.
Let the experts at AFI help you with flood insurance that is affordable and offers peace of mind. Our licensed agents will work with you to determine the proper flood coverage to protect your home and belongings. But don’t delay - There is a 30 day waiting period before flood insurance policies take effect. For more information, call us toll-free at 800-248-3490, or visit us online for a free, no-obligation quote here.