Is AFI For You?
If you're looking for military homeowner insurance, renter insurance, auto insurance or other property coverage, Armed Forces Insurance is for you. After all, Armed Forces Insurance was created specifically to protect those who protect our nation.
If you appreciate personal service, rather than being treated as a number, Armed Forces Insurance is for you. You'll notice our commitment to excellence in this area right away when your call is answered by a live person, not sent to an automated answering service.
If you want competitive rates from an insurance company that understands your circumstances, Armed Forces Insurance is for you. We even shop other carriers to find you the best policy at the best price. And as former military leaders ourselves, we understand the unique challenges that come with military service.
Am I Eligible To Join AFI?
You are eligible for membership with Armed Forces Insurance if you meet any of the following criteria:
- Active duty, retired or honorably discharged military, including National Guard and Reserves
- Active or retired Department of Defense civilian employee
- Service Academy including Merchant Marine or ROTC cadet
- Child of a current or former AFI member
- Spouse or surviving spouse of an active duty, retired, or honorably discharged military, including National Guard and Reserves
- Active, retired or former commissioned officer of the NOAA or PHS
- Former spouse of a current or former AFI member
- Former AFI member (once a member, always a member!)
An added benefit of joining Armed Forces Insurance now is that you will be extending your membership to your children.
Not sure if you qualify? Please call Customer Service at 800-495-8234.
Additional Member Benefits
Identity Theft Advocacy Services
When it comes to identity theft, time is of the essence. Often, a single fraudulent activity on one of your accounts is just the tip of the iceberg. Fortunately, all AFI members receive FREE Advocacy Services, powered by CyberScout™ the nation's leading provider of resolution services and fraud education.
Call Armed Forces Insurance at 800-255-6792 if your identity has been compromised or you need immediate document assistance. We will connect you to your personal advocate who will guide you through the process of restoring your identity, credit and good name.
As part of your Identity Theft Advocacy Services, you will have access to the following proactive resources at afi.myideducation.com.
- ID Risk Compass - easy-to-use tool evaluates whether you are effectively protecting your personally identifiable information.
- Protect Yourself - offers numerous tips to keep your identity safe on paper, online, your mobile phone, and social media, as well as during a disaster or travel, and protecting your personal property, just to name a few.
- Ask the Expert - receive expert tips and insights to help you stand up to identity theft.
- Identity Theft FAQ - helps consumers understand and detect the many forms of identity theft and fraud by providing answers to common questions.
- Monthly Newsletter - features an article on one topical subject matter and its impact on consumers and businesses, with a practical analysis of how those current events affect identity theft, privacy, and data security.
- News Alerts - receive timely information on topics such as cyber threats, data breaches, and tax fraud.
- Resources - a collection of useful links to help consumers navigate identity and fraud topics.
MyHomeWorks™ meets today's homeowner needs
As an AFI member, you will have FREE access to the online tool, MyHomeWorks. This complimentary service offers insureds a convenient suite of customizable, interactive tools to help increase home efficiency, save money, and inventory your personal property.
MyHomeWorks™ is a complimentary service that offers AFI members practical tools and information to help maximize your home’s energy efficiency, save you money and help you protect the systems that run your home. It's free as part of your AFI membership. Some of the services provided include:
- Home Efficiency Center is a go-to resource for selecting, using and maintaining home systems for optimal efficiency.
- My Tech Support is our personal computing "help desk for the home, providing technical expertise year-round. From devices and networks to parental controls, we support your entire digital domain.
- Virtual Home Tour is a fun, interactive way to find energy and money saving opportunities in every room of the house.
- Insure My Property provides brief explanations of common home systems, equipment and underground utility line risks, tips to reduce them and examples of paid claims.