Is your rental property protected from damages?

man unlocking front door to apartment

As a landlord, you’ll want coverage to protect your home. Landlord insurance covers the structure against things like fire, storm and hail damage while providing you with personal liability coverage. While not required by law, many lenders require it if the home has a mortgage. Your current renter or homeowner insurance only covers where you live, so any damages to your rental property will fall on you.

AFI offers landlord insurance, which is called Dwelling/Fire Insurance. Along with covering you and the home, this coverage typically covers damages from fire, wind, hail and vandalism. This coverage may include personal property within the rental property, theft or burglary, and loss of use and rent.

Contact your AFI representative or call 855-307-8652 for a free quote.