Tips for Preventing Water Damage
Whenever there is a heavy rainfall, you may find yourself checking for water damage to your home. Occasionally, the real surprise comes when you discover you’ve had water leaking for some time and the damage is already done. Keeping an eye for water in your basement, attic or other places you don’t see every day can help you prevent damage from water.
Here are a few more tips on how to prevent water damage in your home.
- Install exhaust fans and sump pumps
- Switch out hoses in appliances
- Turn off the water when leaving for long periods of time
- Prevent frozen pipes with insulation or by leaving heat on
- Keep your gutters clean
- Make sure drainage is possible from all areas
- Keep plants and roots away from utility pipes
- Seal walls and floors to keep water out
- Install storm windows
- Monitor water pressure
These tips can help you prevent water damage in your home, but nothing is guaranteed. If you get water in your home, it is critical to deal with it as quickly as possible to avoid mold or additional damage. At Armed Forces Insurance, our goal is to keep your family and home protected.